...does not exist.
I have long been an opponent of offices. Managers sometimes need them for sensitive meetings, but lots of conference rooms solves that problem, and for more people.
Meanwhile, the local social life of information usually dies at a door divide. Microsoft is a big proponent of offices, and look where they are. I say get the managers out into a cube like everyone else.
But lately, I've been wanting to talk on the phone standing up, because it helps you project your voice and convey energy. Guess what? That would bug the crap out of everyone around me, and if I'm facing the wrong way, out of everyone on the floor. If people see you standing at your cubicle while talking, they will generally assume you're some attention-starved narcissist, which you might be if you actually subjected the floor to your phone calls in a booming voice.
So now I'd like an office, even a shared one. (I'd also like a stand-up desk while the request line is open.)
No comments:
Post a Comment